How To Get Wrinkles Out Of Curtains? | Useful Tips And Tricks
How To Get Wrinkles Out Of Curtains? Wrinkles are the thing that we always avoid, whether they come on our fabrics or our face. One of the most annoying places on which they can show themselves is our curtains. When we hang our curtains, they can get deep-set wrinkles. These wrinkles can also appear if you put them in a closet after folding them. Now the question is that how would you treat your wrinkled curtains and get these wrinkles out of them. There are easy easy methods that you can use to get rid of these wrinkles.
Different Methods To Get Wrinkles Out Of Curtains
If you are completely a beginner and do not know how to get rid of the stubborn wrinkles that have been appeared on your curtain, then here is a guide that will tell you about different winkle releasing methods.
- Steaming the curtains.
- By hanging weights on them,
- Wash and dry.
- By using wrinkle release spray.
By practicing these methods you can easily get wrinkles out of your Curtains Dubai. These methods are much easier and simple that you can do them at home with no hassle. All these methods are applicable to all types of curtains, from heavy blackout curtains to lightweight thin sheer curtains. Keep going through our blog and we will tell you about the application of all these methods one by one and step by step.
1. Steaming The Curtains
Do not get discouraged by the idea of steaming curtains. It is as easy as A.B.C. You can opt for this method without even using a steamer. You can steam your curtains by following techniques:
Steam The Curtains Using a Shower
You can steam your curtains very easily by using a shower. The steps that are involved in this procedure are following:
- Hang your curtains to the shower curtain rod in your bathroom.
- Next, make sure that your shower head is away from the curtains.
- Now turn the hot water on.
- After you have done these steps now close the door and leave the space.
- Let the shower run until the hot water runs out. If you are lucky so that your hot water does not run quickly then pretty 15 minutes are enough for this process.
The tech of this process is that the steam that builds up in your bathroom loosens the fabrics of your curtains and this helps to get the wrinkles out of your curtains.
Using a Steam Cleaner
If you possess a steam cleaner, then you can also use it to remove wrinkles from your curtains. For its operation follows the directions for your particular steam cleaner and apply the head of attachment of the cleaner to your curtains. Mover the steam cleaner’s head from top to bottom across your curtains. Deep-set wrinkles may require few passes but by this process, your curtains will become straight, smooth, and wrinkle-free again in no time.
Use Your Iron At Steam Setting
You can also use that iron which has a steam setting in it. After filling the water in your iron, turn the steam setting on. When the iron is warmed up and ready to use, then hold it at 6 inches from the fabric of your hanging curtains. Just like the attached head of the steamer, move the iron up and down from top to bottom of the curtains. Do not hover the iron at a single spot for a long time. If you do then there might be chances that it would burn the fabric. A few seconds at a spot is enough.
2. By Hanging Weights To The Curtains
To remove the wrinkles from your curtain fabrics you can hang weights to them if you have any. Weights will hang on the curtains in a simply exceptional way and they are handy as well. However, users can also go for another couple of methods.
Use a Butter Knife
If you have curtains with a pockets hem at the bottom, then a simple butter knife can save your day. Take a spray bottle full of water and mist your curtains with it. Mist your curtains again. Do not soak the fabric completely, only dampen it.
After dampening the curtains, put a butter knife of two into the pocket at the bottom of your wrinkled curtains. Give an equal spacing between the knives so that the weight along the whole curtain is distributed evenly, not just the parts. You will see that after a few days the weight will pull the curtains smooth and you will not see any wrinkle in them.
Weigh Your Curtains Down With Water
You can also use the weighing down method without using butter knives. Let the weight of damp curtains do the job. This depends totally depends upon the type of fabric and the thing that how deep the wrinkles are set. You can not accomplish this method without a little effort or help.
Release Wrinkles By Washing And Drying Your Curtains
The other technique to get rid of these stubborn wrinkles is to wash and dry your curtains. If you do not want to pose any harm to your curtains, then look for the care tag and read the instructions very carefully. Usually washing and drying allow the fabric material to relax enough so that the wrinkles are released in an easy way.
Steps To Get Wrinkles Out Using a Dryer
You can make your curtains wrinkle-free by going directly to drying. You can skip the washing process. For this method, observe the following steps.
- Put the curtains in the dryer and do not overfill the dryer. As your curtains need room to move, so if you put too much in a single turn then the results might not be much more satisfactory.
- Now dampen a clean towel, do not dip the towel in water. It should be just like wet to touch.
- Place that damp towel in the dryer and make sure that it does not crowd the drum of the dryer.
- If you feel that there is less room in the dryer then take a panel or two out of it, so that the remaining may spin easily.
- Next, turn the dryer on. The damp towel with the heat of the dryer will create a steamy environment in the dryer compartment and allows the fiber to relax enough so that the wrinkles may fall out.
Dry Cleaning The Curtains
If you have read the label on your curtains in Dubai that dry clean only then please do not put them in a washer or dryer at home. Take your curtains to the cleaners and give them the responsibility to clean them. As a part of the cleaning process, the cleaners will make sure that there would not be a single wrinkle on the fabric.
Make Your Curtains Wrinkle-free By Ironing Them
Using an iron is another simple and easy method to make your curtain fabric wrinkle-free. You can observe ironing practice on the whole curtain or you can also treat the area that is spotted with the wrinkle problem. Steps that are involved in the ironing process of curtains are as follows:
- First, set up your workspace for starting this process. Get your iron board or some other flat surface for ironing and turn your iron on.
- If you have a spray feature in your iron, then prefer to use it because dampening the fabric loses the fibers of the curtain fabric and makes it easy to remove the wrinkles from it.
- If you do not have a spray feature in your iron, then grab a spray bottle filled with water and mist the curtains before ironing them.
- Put the curtains on the ironing surface and then you can iron ten in any method you want. But ironing from top to bottom is the easiest method.
- Then after ironing the surface hang it down from the flat surface otherwise the ironed portion will get wrinkles again.
- An excellent way to avoid this problem is to get a table or a chair. After ironing, put the ironed portion of the curtains on them.
Use a Wrinkle Release Spray
Last but not the least, you can use wrinkle release spray as well to remove wrinkles from your curtains. This is one of the easiest methods you can ever use to get wrinkles out of your curtains.
What a Wrinkle Release Spray Is?
It is a chemically composed spray that comes in a shower bottle and is manufactured to relax your fabrics so that wrinkles can get out easily. You can get these sprays from stores or buy them easily from online platforms as well. Or you can make them at home by adding fabric softener or vinegar to the water.
How To Use Wrinkle Release Spray?
- Hold the spray about 6-8 inches away from the curtains and mist them. Only dampen the curtains, do not soak them.
- Pull and tug the fabric gently to get the wrinkles to fall out and then smooth the fabric using your hand.
- At the end let the curtain dry.
The Final Verdict!
By reading this blog you now can see that removing annoying wrinkles is a very easy and simple task. If you know the technique and using the right tools, it is a super effortless task to get out the wrinkles from your curtains. Here we have listed some simple and easy methods and we hope that know you have ample knowledge in this regard and you are now able to get rid of the stubborn wrinkles of your curtains.